Cannon Falls Youth Athletic Association (CFYAA)
To operate exclusively to provide the youth of the City of Cannon Falls and surrounding environs the opportunity to participate in sporting activities by providing the necessary structure to fund and operate sporting teams and events.
1. Provide life-long athletic learning opportunities for the youth in our community
2. Be a link between school and community
3. Provide inexpensive recreational, educational, and athletic opportunities for the youth in our community
Meetings are held every two months on the odd numbered months.
(January, March, May, July, September, November)
Code of Ethics for all persons involved in the Cannon Falls Youth Athletic Association
The development of character and sportsmanship are among the desired outcome of any amateur sports program, but they do not inevitably or automatically result from participation in sports. This development can occur under the influence of good leadership. Coaches and parents have an exceptional opportunity to instill in the minds of players,especially when they are children or youth, the right principles of conduct and high ideals of sportsmanship. If the coach and parent through their own actions demonstrate fairness, self control, courtesy and respect for the rules of the game, the individuals with whom they work tend to do likewise.
Therefore, all volunteer coaches, umpires, spectators, and parents involved in youth athletics shall:
- Strive to develop in each athlete the qualities of leadership, initiative, good judgement, and highest standards of conduct.
- Promote ethical relationships and respect among fellow athletes, coaches, parents, sports officials, etc.
- Respect the integrity and judgement of sports officials.
- Display modesty in victory and graciousness in defeat.
- Provide equal opportunity for each youngster to participate in every game.
- Abide by the NO tolerance rule regarding use of tobacco, alcohol, or chemicals in association and interaction with Youth Athletics.
- Not use profane or vulgar language at anytime.
- Not violate the sexual harassment and sexual violence bylaws of the Minnesota State High School League
REMEMBER THE GAME IS FOR FUN. WHEN THIS IS NO LONGER TRUE, THEN IT ISN'T WORTH PLAYING.
REMEMBER YOU ARE ONE OF THE FIRST ATHLETIC INFLUENCES THESE YOUNGSTERS WILL HAVE. SHOW BY EXAMPLE YOUR LEADERSHIP, KNOWLEDGE, SPORTSMANSHIP, AND RESPECT FOR THE GAME.